Thursday, November 22, 2012

Bye Bye YouTube...For Now

So I delete my YouTube channel.  Mostly due to a moment of extreme frustration.  Here's what happened:

I created the channel years ago, before Google accounts became a thing.  And then when I made this blog I tried to make it with a Google account, but that messed up my YouTube account.  So I made this blog on a regular email account.  Then my family changed our internet provider which deactivated our email accounts, so we all made gmail accounts...which then became attached to entire Google profiles.  So now the count is up to one email for YouTube, one email for blogger and one gmail/Google account.

Next step.  To try to connect all three.  Apparently it is impossible to link a YouTube account made without a connection to Google to a new Google account.  Same goes for blogger.  THEN I made an AOL account for a project in my economics class just a few days ago.  My AOL account not only provided a new email (which I use just for internet things and not for emails to actual people) which attached itself to a new Google profile.  Care to count that up again?  Four email addresses and two Google profiles.  So what was happening was whenever I was signed into YouTube on my acrobaticallyapt account, I couldn't sign into blogger or check my email because it would sign me into YouTube from the Google accounts that my other emails were attached to.  AHHH.

Are you still with me?  So anyhow.  I decided to delete my acrobaticallyapt YouTube account and everything but my gmail and AOL accounts.  I now have blogger hooked up with AOL and my email and new YouTube account hooked up to gmail.  Each has a Google account of it's own and if I can find a way to connect both emails to the same Google account you can betcha I'll be doing that.  It's still a little frustrating because if I'm on blogger I can't access my YouTube or email and vice-versa.   

As for the videos, I haven't decided yet if I'll be re-uploading them.  My channel didn't have a lot of subscribers or views or comments so I don't think anyone will miss me.  And I haven't decided yet if I'm going to make new videos to put up on the new account.  There won't be any dance videos in the near future because..uh..I have two broken feet.  But whatever happens, I'll keep ya posted.

By the way, the new YouTube account is named misssmarykate.
You can find it here:  misssmarykate
Don't get your hopes up though...there's nothing to watch yet.

****UPDATE*****
About 20 minutes after I posted this originally and said there would be no videos soon...I added some videos.  Sometimes I accidentally lie #sorrynotsorry  

No comments:

Post a Comment