Monday, October 8, 2012

I'm not Short I'm Weird Sized

You know those t-shirts that say "I'm not short I'm fun sized!"?  Do you hate them as much as I do?  Like, what the heck is fun sized?  Is it referring to the small "fun sized" candy bars?  Because I find those candy bars to be rather disappointing and not at all fun.  People just take it all too far.  There is actually a girl at my school who refers to herself as "bite sized".  No joke.  But whateves, you do things your way and I'll do 'em my way.

Okay, none of that was really related to the main topic of this post.  I just tend write things in a stream of consciousness format, oops.  So anyway, what I really was thinking about writing was about my personal size.  As in my measurements.  You know, the kind you achieve with one of those bendy tape measure-ers that you wrap around yourself to discover how many inches you are.

Being a dancer, you get measured a lot for costumes.  And since I've been pretty much the same size since I was in 7th grade, I pretty much know my measurements, give or take a couple inches.

The other day I was ordering a swimsuit online (because I'm a swimmer now...which is still kind of hard to realize) and my mom told me to make sure I measure myself so I can get the right size.  I told her I already knew them and she didn't believe me.  So we made a bet (except we didn't wager anything more than bragging rights so it wasn't that thrilling).

Here were my initial guesses (in inches):

Bust:  32
Waist:  29
Hips:  39
Girth:  64

Now here were the real measurements:

Bust:  32
Waist:  29.5
Hips:  40
Girth:  64 (we had to estimate that one though because our tape measure-er only went up to 60...in dance class my teacher had to use two put together to measure me).

BAM.  Who's awesome?  This girl.  I was pretty much spot on!

So then, I was thinking about my measurements and I was like "Woah.  My body is super weird shaped".

Let's analyze this.  First, my boobs are only two inches bigger than my waist.  #tinytitties.  Next, my butt is ten full inches bigger than my waist...ten!  Finally, my girth is 64 inches, that is 5'4", which is as tall as my mother.  Bizarre?  I think yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment