Sunday, May 22, 2011

Keep on Dancing Till the World Ends

A day after doomsday and we're all still here.  I gave no credit to the prediction of the end of the world, and I'm certainly glad my disbelief was correct.  I did, however, have several thoughts on the matter over the past couple days.

The first thought came on Friday evening.  I was teaching acro class as usual.  My Friday's are consumed by acro, often leaving my social life lacking due to the fact that everything happens on Friday evenings.  I teach four classes in a row and the second class of the night, the class at the intermediate level, ends at six o'clock.  With the end of class approaching, we were having a blast.  There are four girls in the class; two eight year olds and two six year olds.  They had done their dance really well and I was giving them a break.  We were playing with hula hoops and they were having so much fun.  I just happened to look at the clock at about five minutes to six and for some reason that sparked the thought that the world was supposed to end the next day at about the same time.  At that moment, all I could think was that if the end of the world were to come a day early, I would die completely and blissfully happy.

The second epiphany occurred yesterday--Doomsday.  I was at a dance workshop (which was amazing!!) with a professional from Broadway Dance Center.  The workshop, the dances and the teacher were all absolutely incredible.  I've been to workshops with the same person several times this year.  The last time he came to teach, he taught us a dance to Britney Spears' song Till the World Ends.  So yesterday we discussed the end of the world and it was jokingly mentioned that it would be the last time we saw each other.  The dance to Till the World Ends was brought up and the teacher told us that, on the off chance that the world blew up and we all died, we should put everything into that workshop and "dance until the world ends".  As I was driving home that was all I could think about--how all I want to do is dance, whether the ends in an hour or I live to be 102, all I want to do with my life is dance.

So I'm really glad that I have more time to dance until the world ends.  At least until 2012.

1 comment: