Saturday, May 21, 2011

Dance on Over to Meet Me

Hi there!

This is the first time I've ever had a blog, so I'm not really sure what to do.  I suppose my first entry should be some sort of introduction, so here it is...

I can be defined my many things:  I'm sixteen years old, I'm one half of a set of twins, I'm usually the tallest girl in any given circumstance, I'm most certainly not shy, I'm a sophomore, I'm often over dramatic in situations.  I'm a lot of things, but most importantly, the most definitive aspect of my life, is that I'm a dancer.

Dancing plays such a fundamental role in my life that it is easier to imagine not breathing then it is to imagine not dancing.  I've danced for eight years of my life, which I consider to be a short amount of time.  My current training consists of classes in; acrobatics (acro), ballet, hip-hop, lyrical, modern and pointe--I've previously taken lessons for jazz and, for a brief period of time, tap.  I'm also on the competition team for my studio and I compete with; two acro solos, one jazz solo and an acro group. 

As well as taking classes for my own benefit, I also teach acrobatics classes to kids from ages 3 to 15.  I absolutely love kids :).  The girls in my acro classes totally make my night.  I always leave the studio in a better mood than I arrived.  Since I love kids so much I also babysit all the time. 

My favorite class?  Acrobatics...without question.  I'm uber flexible; most often I'm described as "disgusting".  Some rough videos of some of my dances are on YouTube under the username "acrobaticallyapt". 

If I were to have a catch phrase it would probably be, "I cant, I have dance".  Dance basically consumes my whole life, leaving little time for other activities.  I do, however, participate in my school's show choir group This year I was only a choreographer, but I auditioned for next year and I've made it in for the Soprano section. 

Other than that, I usually just hang out with my friends.  I have the best people in my life; never once have I felt lonely.  I'm constantly surrounded by their shenanigans and I absolutely love going crazy right along side them :)

So read my blog and you can go crazy with me too!  Read my blog because you're bored, or because you're a fellow dancer, or because you know me, or because you're nosy, or because you like to read.  Or don't read my blog.  Use the time you've saved not reading my blog to learn how to dance, because a life without dance isn't worth living!

No comments:

Post a Comment