Sunday, May 29, 2011

Dancing off to Dreamland

To put it bluntly, my sleep habits are crap.  Last night was the worst it's been in a long time, though. 

I fell asleep early yesterday, at about seven in the evening.  I woke up at around ten, though, and was wide awake.  I cleaned my room up and read about half of a book and was still not tired.  I never made it back to sleep last night. 

Eventually, at around six-thirty (after watching the sunrise..a first for this notorious anti-morning person) I decided to go for a run.  So I got out of bed (I'd been laying there for six hours) put on some shorts and a t-shirt, grabbed my sneakers and headed out.  I went on my usual route which is just over a mile long.  When I got back my dad was awake.  He questioned my reasons for being out, knowing that I do not get up before seven unless there is a concrete reason (I don't even get up that early for school) and he was shocked to hear that I just hadn't gone to sleep.

Finally, I crashed at around eight in the morning.  I woke up around two in the afternoon, still completely exhausted.  I've made it through the day so far, but I'll be dancing on over to dreamland quite soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment