Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Rehearsal Week

Before I go into any detail what-so-ever I have to mention that I am currently listening to the song "We Danced" by Brad Paisley.  Yeesh, do I think about anything but dancing?  Not really :)

So now to get into the point of this blog.  The time has come.  The hard work is about to pay off.  There is finally a reason to all those hours spent in the studio.  As stated in the song I used for the Intermediate Acro 1 dance I choreographed, "Get up when you feel it, it's your chance to shine!" (Strut by the Cheetah Girls).  Well, I feel it and it's my chance to shine because it's...Rehearsal Week!

The best way to make it through rehearsal week is to tell yourself...repeatedly...that at the end of the week is the recital, which is the biggest reward of all.  I don't know how rehearsal week works at other studios as I've been going to the same studio since I started, but for me, rehearsal week is the most stressful week of the year.  Don't get me wrong, I love it, but it can be mighty trying at times. 

Rehearsal week is the week when all the kinks are worked out, when you learn who really truly knows the dance (and you pray that you're not the one who screws up) when you realize just how quick those quick changes have to be, and when you are pulled in seven different directions for the entire four hours of rehearsals. 

Rehearsal week is also the week where you get to see all your hard work turn into something beautiful for the audience, the week where you (I get this especially since I'm a teacher) get showered with hugs from all the little munchkins you had the pleasure of teaching for the year, when you finally get to practice in the costumes you spend a fortune on but have just stored in the closet for months and the week when you get to practice "strutting like you mean it"!!

Tonight was the kick-off of rehearsal week.  Already there have been smiles and tears, laughter and yelling, frustration and excitement...it'll be a crazy week.  But, hopefully, with all the previous months of practice and lots and lots of organization (thank you Miss Lori!!) we'll make it through and have a solid performance for Saturday!!  I'll keep ya posted :)

No comments:

Post a Comment