Saturday, January 26, 2013

Still Broken, but not Quite so Bummed

I went to my doctor yesterday, and it seems that things are headed in the right direction.  I'll be brief, but here is an update for ya'll.

So the bone zappers seem to be working!  Doc didn't take x-rays because she said that improvements wouldn't show up on x-rays yet, but my feet are hurting less and (duh) she says that's a good thing.  And I don't have to see her for another 6 weeks!  At that point we'll see what's going on with my broken bits.

NO MORE BOOTS!  I forgot to look back and see if I had mentioned this before, but the boots were for sure coming off this week.  Doc said that after three months in the boots (which just passed) I would have to take them off, even though the fractures haven't healed yet, otherwise I'd be looking at muscle atrophy and hip issues.  I want no part of that and I hate the boots, so I complied.  The plan we made at the December appointment was that the boots would come off the day of my January appointment, however I took them off about a week early because I was starting to get ankle pains kind of frequently and was worried that it was the beginning of the muscle issues.  But that's mostly gone so I think we're good.

So yeah!  My feet are still hurting but we're headed the right way.  Yippee!

No comments:

Post a Comment