Friday, November 23, 2012

Legally Legal!

Hi, nice to meet you, my name is Mary Kate and I'm an adult. 

What?!?

Oh yeah, I turned 18 two weeks ago.  Whoop whoop.  I kinda forgot about it for a little bit there, it wasn't all that exciting, but now it's late and I'm the only one awake at my house so I figured I would share about the day.

So my birthday is November 12th and so is my brother's.  Because we're twins.  That morning I got up and went to morning practice (I'm a swimmer now...I still can't even handle that) at 7 am.  Before I left I made sure to wake Liam up to tell him happy birthday, I don't think he really appreciated that.  Then later in the afternoon I had a choreography session for a school event.  We did the whole cake and presents thing but other than that I just kind of laid around refusing to apply to college.  Because who wants to do that on their birthday?

As for the gifts.  Birthday's aren't really a big deal in my family, but I got a few nice things.  Liam got me a pink snuggie, which I am sooo loving!  My mom got me tickets to see the So You Think You Can Dance tour...eeek!!  I got a bra with butterflies on it and some orange underwear.  Oh yeah, my dad got new tires for the truck which just happened to be a few days before our birthday, so he said they counted.  Hahaha.

I have yet to do anything cool that I couldn't do until I was 18.  The only thing I really wanted to do was go skydiving, but after my dad got the bill for my MRI he said we'd have to wait until the spring.  It's okay, I'm sure it'll be worth it!

And one more thing.  My brother stole all the candles!!  I was smiling so my mom could take a picture and he just up and blew them all out.  All but one, actually.  So I used my one wish to wish that none of his seventeen wishes came true.  Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment