Saturday, November 3, 2012

A Dance Thing!

I have a dance thing to tell you!  I went to a production tonight.  It was the fall dance showing at the boarding school in my town.  It's a free show and my next-door neighbor is the director of dance at the school so I always try to go see the performance.  It's a really different kind of experience from the recitals that a standard dance studio would put on.  First of all, since it's a high school, there are no baby classes.  It's great not having to watch the little babies fumble around onstage.  As cute as they are, they're really not dancing.  I feel qualified to say that as I have been teaching that age group for years.  But anyhow.  The dances are much different as well.  It's not a class of girls who go on, dance for three minutes and pose.  Sometimes it's a group of three and sometimes it's all fifty-some of the students.  They also have student choreographed pieces as well as pieces done by guest artists.  It's very cool.  I've always wished I could dance there.  I love my neighbor and I love her program.  It was a great show!

No comments:

Post a Comment