Sunday, September 2, 2012

My Life is a Big Hot Mess!

Well hey!  It's been a couple months.  I'm going to throw out the generic excuse of "I've been SO busy" for why I haven't posted anything recently.  It's true though, I promise!!

I don't know if I ever mentioned this before or not, as it's not entirely dance related, but I was cast as a lead in my school musical.  Disclaimer:  I am not musically inclined in the least. But here is some of the standard information...

Our show is Thoroughly Modern Millie (there is a fantastic synopsis on wikipedia).  I am Mrs. Meers, which is a lead.  She is a faux-Asian former actress who kidnaps young women (actresses who she gets to know at the boarding house she runs) and sells them into white slavery.

She's pretty cool.

So I've had rehearsals four days a week for this show.  This show for which I've had to learn;
-How to sing like a scorned old lady
-How to speak in a Chinese accent
-How to properly "find the light" onstage
-How to do age make-up
-How to create a faux-bob (not for me, but for the rest of the female cast)

It's been crazy, lemme tell ya. At some points of the play I have to speak in a Chinese accent, and in some points I'm supposed to sound like an angry old lady.  Sometimes I walk like a little old lady, sometimes I storm about on a rampage.  There are several scenes of me trying to kidnap people and a lot of time spend laughing at laundry carts (seriously, you won't even get it, just go watch it on Netflix or something).

And now, for comic relief here are some totes adorbs pictures of yours truly as this whole thing went down...



When I took off the wig I basically looked like a crack- whore
I think I look like a princess.  A very run down, slightly deranged princess with an itchy synthetic wig.

After opening night, Trevor Graydon, Mrs. Meers and Millie Dillmount.
Disclaimer:  According to the time stamp on this post it has been way more than a couple of months.  I know.  But when I logged on today I found this post saved in my drafts, unfinished.  I have no idea where I what I was planning to do with this after I told you about the play, so I just slapped some pictures on there and posted the sucker.  Read the title, it explains this whole situation...






No comments:

Post a Comment