Friday, February 3, 2012

Pizazz!

I have officially started all of my choreography for the acro classes!  I'm pumped!!

Here are the songs I chose:
* Advanced: Dance Like There's no Tomorrow - Paula Abdul
* Intermediate II:  Kung Fu Fighting - Cee Lo Green ft. Jack Black
* Intermediate I:  Dynamite - China Anne McClain
* Beginner:  The Time of My Life - Randy Newman (A Bugs Life soundtrack)

Everything is going well!!

I hadn't made a solid decision on the Intermediate I song until tonight.  I had been thinking of using the Numa Numa song but I wasn't in love.  The studio director came in tonight and was asking me to make the final decisions between to costumes she had chosen and she also put in a CD of songs she thought might work so I could have some other ideas.  As soon as Dynamite came on every single girl started to sing along.  I looked at the director and we both just kind of nodded.  The girls had chosen it for us :)

I'm excited for the advanced class but at the same time I'm a little concerned.  The music requires a lot of sass and I'm choreographing a very fast piece for them.  Time will tell.

I was pleased with their efforts tonight though.  I asked them what elements they thought that the piece needed.  I said it was something that we don't work on in class very often (I've been kicking their butts with technique and conditioning).  Immediately each girl yelled something along the lines of "attitude" which was exactly what I was fishing for!!  My favorite adjective was given to me by my oldest student who said the dance needed "pizazz" which I really liked!  They also told me they needed to use facials and add flair.  I was so proud of them!  I now know that what I am telling them is sinking in...next step...get them to utilized in their bodies, not just their brains.  Baby Steps.  Baby Steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment