Thursday, June 23, 2011

Dance Party in the Kitchen

I love babysitting, and yesterday I babysat for the family that I babysat my first time.  The family has four kids; Lauren 13 (checkout her blog, dukehart.blogspot.com) Breanna 10, Ashley 8, Brady 6.  I've been babystitting for this family since I was 12.  The girls all dance and through the years Lauren and I have become really close...we're basically sisters :).

But anyway, we had a really great day (which Lauren also wrote a post about in her blog).  I got there at about nine a.m. and stayed until close to two p.m..  The kids are so well behaved and so much fun to be around.  At around ten-thirty my little brother, Daniel, who is one of Breanna's best friends, came over.  We live on the same street and my mom didn't want Daniel home alone all day since she had to work, my dad was out of town and my twin brother, Liam, was at basketball practice all day.  We went on a bike ride (the kids rode bikes, Lauren and I walked) and then we came back and the kids played in the backyard.  Eventually Lauren brought out some sidewalk chalk and we decorated the driveway.  I traced everyone's body and let them decorate it, and the Daniel and Breanna made it into some crazy game...which I didn't fully understand. 

At around noon I sent Daniel home (Liam was back by then) and we got to work making lunch.  We settled on homestyle mac'n'cheese and hotdogs.  I asked the girls to get me a pot to boil the water, so they got me that but didn't return with a lid.  When I told them that covering the pot would help it boil faster they decided that a lid was indeed necessary.  When no lid could be located we decided a cake pan would suffice, hahaha.

While we were waiting for the water to boil/pasta to cook we had a dance party in the kitchen!!  Lauren turned on the radio and we all danced around (except Brady who was distracted by the television) and got a little crazy.  Ashley was swinging around on crutches, Breanna was climbing doorways and Lauren and I were working on our body rolls.  It was nuts!! 

Babysitting those guys is so much fun...they constantly make me laugh and I absolutely love them!!

On a sad note, the money I made that day went immediately into feeding my truck's belly...that sucker eats gas like Joey Chestnut eats hot dogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment