Friday, November 2, 2012

Sorry to Disappoint

Hey Mary Kate, remember when you created that blog and you called it "Defined by the Dance" because you were obsessed with dancing and you danced all the time and you never thought you'd stop and you wrote blog posts relating everything in your life to dance?

Yeah.  I remember.

It kinda isn't happening anymore.  How can I be defined by the dance when I'm not allowed to dance?  I hate this.  I know I'm generally peppy but let's take a moment to be depressing.  I broke both of my feet and I'm not allowed to dance.  Fuck.

Okay done.

So basically.  I'm going to have trouble relating all of my posts to dance anymore.  Because I don't get a whole lot of dance in my life at this point.  I am still teaching at a dance studio, so I suppose I can incorporate that, but it's only one day a week.  It's no substitute for actually being a dancer.  But at this point it's all I got.

So while I still consider myself a dancer and it's still my favorite thing in the world, I guess the tone of this blog is going to have to momentarily sway from the original intention.  Until I can dance again I'll just occasionally describe my life and whatever mess I'm currently in the middle of.  Sound good?

So now, for today's anecdote:

I forgot my AP Chem materials in my locker today, so my teacher said I could go get them.  It was during class so not many people were in the hallway.  I passed two girls who were sitting outside of a classroom, probably making up a quiz or something, I didn't know the girls so I just kept walking.  Then I heard one girl say "What the heck happened to her feet".  I don't think I was supposed to hear her, and I just kept walking.  Then the other girl, again...a complete stranger, very matter-of-fact-ly explained to her friend that I had broken both of my anklesYes, she said ankles.  Because obviously it's possible to walk on two broken ankles.  Dear lord.  This world needs more common sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment