Monday, November 26, 2012

I'm Practically Un-lovable

I'm totally not ashamed to say that I'm 18 years old and I've only ever been in one real relationship.  I mean, I did the middle school thing where being someone's girlfriend means that you occasionally toss a note to him in the hallway and you hold hands under the table of lunch.  Actually, I was pretty damn good at being a middle school girlfriend.  But when it comes to being in a mature relationship.  Well.  I'm terrible.

First, I do want to say one thing for myself.  For whatever reason people think I know what I'm doing in life and they ask me for advice.  I always tell them what I think, while at the same time telling them that my own life/relationships are in a constant state of disaster so they shouldn't listen to anything I have to say.  But whenever people listen to me, it usually works out well for them.  So while I can't manage myself for shit, I do pretty well with other peoples issues.

So wanna know about my only real boyfriend?  So I kind of knew him before I got to high school but we first really got to know each other my freshman year when we were both in the musical and both in Show Choir.  Like I said, I was a freshman, he was a junior.  He asked me out in October.  I said yes.  I was 14 and I think he was 17.  We were only together from October to somewhere around February.  During the beginning of our relationship we saw each other all the time because we had musical rehearsals all the time.  We had our first kiss in the wings of the stage.  I also got him to dance with me in our town's Halloween parade.  And we always accidentally seemed to wear the same colors on the same day.  We were pretty adorable.  But.  After the musical ended we didn't see each other nearly as much.  And everything pretty much fizzled out.  He tried a whole lot harder than I did.  He invited me to his house and out to do stuff...I never did.  See, I suck as a girlfriend?  We only ever went on one date.  He finally just said that we didn't do enough together to make it worth it.  Which was totally true.  I was feeling the same way.  There was no drama, no hurt feelings.  He actually had really awesome timing because the night he broke up with me there was a massive snow storm and school was canceled the rest of the week.  We're still friends and we talk all the time.  He's actually dating one of my best friends now, and he has been for like two years, and they're pretty much the cutest thing in the world and I really want them to get married.  Here's a picture of all of us on opening night of the musical (it seems like forever ago!).


I'm in the red dress, she's in the green dress, he's in the bow tie.  The guy in the cowboy hat was her boyfriend at the time.  Now he's with one of our other best friends and I hope they get married too.  I'm still alone.


And here's a picture of us more recently.  This was taken last spring when the came home to watch me in my role as Mrs. Meers in the musical.  I'm the Asian in the crooked wig, it happens.

So I know I said earlier that he was my only real boyfriend, and I maintain that.  However the history of my love life does not start and end with him.  Ohhhh, there's more.

Shall we discuss my almost-boyfriend?  If I had not done so much to sabotage any chance of him sticking around I'm 100% positive that he would have asked me out.  He told me he loved me and we were never even dating (that's kind of where I freaked out a little and blew up any potential of a relationship).  So anyway, I met this guy in a program that united a handful of kids from different schools in my county.  So I met him the summer before my sophomore year.  We had about a dozen meetings with this program and that was all we ever saw of each other.  He lived about 40 minutes away from me.  Towards the end of my sophomore year we started to talk.  All through the summer before junior year we texted each other.  By the way, at this point I was 16 and he was 17 but we were in the same grade.  By the time summer was over I had gone on three dates with him (two to the movies and once to watch his band play).  I kissed him once...well, actually...he kissed me once and it was disgusting so I kind of didn't let it happen again.  But really, it was bad.  It was just a few days after our first and only kiss that he told me he loved me.  And I ran for the hills.  I actually un-invited him to my homecoming dance.  I just flat out said that I didn't want him to come.  Seriously, I'm the worst potential girlfriend ever, don't date me!

So for a final run down, I'm 18 years old.  I've had one boyfriend.  I've kissed four boys (yes, I only talked about two of them because the first and second guys that I kissed were rather insignificant).  I've never slept with anybody but I've had three people ask if I would.  Pretty much anytime a guy shows interest in me I enjoy it for like a month and then I just turn it into one big mess.  This is your final warning; do not date me.







No comments:

Post a Comment