Monday, October 29, 2012

Quickie Post Before the Power Goes out Forever

Okay, maybe not forever.  But I heard on the radio earlier that "we can expect millions of people to experience power outages for several weeks".  I somehow feel like that's not true.  And I seriously hope that I'm right and the whether people are wrong.  Because if they're right, my town is exactly located in the "lose power for a few weeks" region of this whole mess.  Great.  So I haven't really been productive today because I'm convinced that the minute I begin any worthwhile task the power will go out.  So  far we've been lucky though, we haven't lost power yet.  It looks like the storm is going to hit here at around eight tomorrow morning...and then hang out for twenty four hours.  Yes.  The storm is planning on hanging out right on top of us for an entire day.  Thanks Sandy. 

I know this wasn't really a dance-related post.  Hmmm, how can I spin this.  I know...I don't think I'll have to work (at the dance studio) tomorrow.  They already cancelled school tomorrow...actually, school was canceled for today and tomorrow at five o'clock last night.  I guess they were worried about losing power and not being able to get in touch with us. 

Eeek.  The lights are flickering.  I'm outta here.

No comments:

Post a Comment