Saturday, July 9, 2011

Are You a Dancer?

"Are you a dancer?"...My favorite question from strangers.  I think I've mentioned before, but my favorite compliments come from strangers, as they are considerably less biased than those from people I know.  My absolute favorite thing, though, is when strangers ask me if I dance, or tell me that I look like a dancer.  That's when I know my hard work is paying off!!

Earlier this year I was at my doctor's office getting the physical that was mandatory in order to obtain my driver's permit.  The last time my doctor had seen me was in seventh grade (I'm going into my junior year now..do the math) for the physical I needed to play volleyball that year.  She asked me to do something (I can't remember what exactly) that required standing, so I hopped off that weird little bed thing you find in Doctor's offices.  Immediately she asked me if I was a dancer.  She said she could tell just by the way I stood up. 

A few weeks ago I went to my friend's dance recital to help her with her costume changes so her mother could watch the show.  While backstage waiting for her to come off, another girl, about my age, who was helping with costume changes came up to me and asked if I was a dancer.  When I said I was she asked if I took ballet.  I said yes again and she went "I thought so, you totally look like a ballerina".

Not bad for the girl who has only taken three years of ballet.  I must be doing something right.

No comments:

Post a Comment